The World Is On Fire
I’m not being glib. The western United States is managing historic fires. Texans are returning to their homes, schools, businesses, and places of worship to see what is salvageable. And the East Coast is watching the Weather Channel with their hearts in their throats as another beast of a hurricane pummels toward our lands.
What are you waiting for?
We are inherently procrastinators. We think it will be easier or better or just more convenient to complete our goals tomorrow.
Folks, tomorrow has never seemed more fanciful. Never mind the heavy global political discussion about the power of nuclear weapons.
Seize The Day
Today is your day. So, how do we adopt a carpe diem attitude and get energized to become our most successful selves? A few thoughts:
- Start a bullet journal. Get in the habit of writing down your list every day.
- Prioritize those tasks. Be realistic. If you can only accomplish one task per day, it is better to do so than to overwhelm yourself with a list that’s impractical.
- Complete one task at a time. Don’t let yourself move on from the first task until it has been completed or until you cannot move any further.
- Turn off your wifi and phone. Spend an hour a day without the Internet and watch your productivity skyrocket.
- Put yourself in uncomfortable situations. Hate public speaking? Sign up for Toastmasters. Bad at making small talk? Join a networking group.
It won’t be easy to change your habits, but it’ll be worth it. We are not promised tomorrow. Do what others won’t, and you’ll see the kind of success others only wish for.