To many of your clients, selling a home during the holidays can be a stressful, painful, or even downright unproductive experience. They have some valid concerns:
"Our phone will ring all through Thanksgiving dinner!"
"We won't able to decorate the house like we usually do!"
"Earlier, you said the best time to list is during the spring and summer, when almost ALL home sales happen!"
However, while many of these pushbacks were true in years past, the way real estate is conducted and the way people buy homes has shifted dramatically in recent years.
To help you overcome these objections, we've put together a list of reasons why it's actually a great idea to list a home during the holidays! We also created a great marketing template you can use in your real estate CRM to share with your clients. You can copy and paste the text OR download the graphic.
There are a few ways you can use this:
- Create an email campaign
- Share it on Facebook
- Publish it on your blog or as an article on LinkedIn
10 Reasons To List During The Holidays
- Serious buyers have few houses to choose from during the holidays, and less competition means more money for you!
- People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers.
- Houses show better when decorated for the holidays.
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your specific home. Less demand means less money for you...
- You can sell now for more money. We can certainly provide an option for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
- Buyers are more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to pay your offering price.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during the work week.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers can't wait until spring to buy, your house must be on the market now!
- Your house can still be on the market, but you'll have the flexibility to limit showings during the six or seven days during the holidays.
How To Use This Template
As I mentioned above, we have a few suggestions for how you could use this template.
Here's how to use it in an email campaign (as an email template in Realvolve):
And published as a LinkedIn article (instructions here):
These are just a few ways to use this template. You might also choose to share it in a blog post, as a pin on Pinterest, or even in a direct mail piece—whatever will work best for your marketing strategy!
Make Their Holiday Listing Experience A Merry One
This template can be a helpful tool for reassuring your clients that listing during the holidays doesn't have to be stressful or fruitless. But that's just the first step. Once they've decided to list during the holiday season, it's up to you to make it a well-managed and stress-free experience. Build a process around communication that is anticipated, relevent, and timely, and you'll find more success during non-traditional buying/selling seasons.
Sign up for the Realvolve Top 10, our monthly roundup of the hottest real estate marketing ideas and insights from across the web. You’ll get a nice little e-digest of articles on lead gen, relationship nurturing, productivity, and more. Subscribe now!