“If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." ~Lao Tzu
People who practice being in the moment are happier and more optimistic. And, during changing markets, clients need your optimism... and your attention.
Being present in the moment will enrich our lives... and our clients' lives. Each moment has meaning, so we should make the most of it. And, by being present and focused, you'll have more time to enjoy your day and your life.
Tips for Learning How to be Present
Learn how to be present and stay in the moment by practicing a mindfulness habit. Mindfulness is a way of paying attention to the present moment experience, without judging or evaluating it. You can practice being present while performing daily tasks such as bathing or cooking. Then put them into action with your clients, family, and friends.
- Notice when you drift off to other places in your mind and bring yourself back to the current moment.
- Avoid thinking about anything else -- especially past or future events.
- Reframe negativity into something positive. If you're struggling with someone in your meeting, try to look at them differently in a more positive light. This will change how you talk with them.
- Don't feel the need to hurry up or finish a task before it is complete.
- Be aware of your thoughts and feelings. This will help you overcome fear and stress.
- Try to focus on your breathing, feel your heartbeat, and feel the breeze on your skin.
- In short, be there!
Research has shown that mindfulness can help people cope with serious illnesses and increase their quality of life. People who practice mindfulness regularly report feeling more relaxed, more enthusiastic, and more content with their lives.
And last but not least, learning to be present can help you recognize the small pleasures in life, which often take a backseat to major events.
Start practicing being present with your clients this week. It will make for much deeper, richer, and more rewarding conversations with your clients.
Have a great week!
CEO | Firepoint & Realvolve
Your Comments :