Krista Mashore is energized by many things—real estate, education, people—and one of her greatest passions is teaching agents how to leverage video and social media to attract more business. If you blinked and missed our whirlwind webinar with Krista, it was all about how to use video marketing to earn 3 new clients in just 30 days—wowza!
So buckle up, grab some coffee (you'll need it to keep up), and enjoy this incredible webinar with one of the country's top real estate brokers and coaches.
Why you NEED to be using video:
It's a proven fact that people really, really like video. Consider these statistics Krista shared:
If you take a landing page that has video as compared to just a picture, you get 800% more conversions by using video.
According to Forbes, 64% of customers utilize video to help them make their purchasing decisions. They're purchasing you. You're a product. You're a service. And they're 64% more likely to choose you over another agent if you are using video.
Video allows people to see your face, hear your voice, and really feel as if they know you.
I want you to start focusing on video as much as possible. In order for you to be known in your community, you have to be seen and you have to be heard. Right now, you can't be known by doing the things that you used to do. So I want you to start thinking about video as your best friend, and as your way to develop a relationship with your community...to help them get to know you, like you, trust you, and see you as the authority figure in your field.
The top agents in the country are using video. If you don't start using video, you're going to lose business to your competitors.
This is what top-producing agents are using across the country. This is the new way that mediocre agents become mega agents. This is now going to be the norm. So if you are not used to this, you have to readjust your thinking. You've got to adapt.
5 Quick Tips for Video Marketing
1) Just use your mobile phone. You don't need fancy equipment.
2) Remember the 8 C's. You need to commit to consistently producing content correctly (the correct type of content and the correct means of distributing it) so you can make a connection with your communities and convert more clients.
3) Properly distribute your videos. If you post a video to your Facebook page and stop there, no one is going to see it. You have to run it as a Facebook video ad.
Facebook's algorithm is only letting you be seen by the people who are already engaging and interacting with you. Your job is to get everyone else in the community to see you. You want the person who has never heard of you before to see you—and see you on a regular basis.
When people are seeing your videos every single week, very quickly you start to become known and seen and liked and trusted.
Research shows that the more that somebody sees you, the more they like you. And I'm guilty of this. I see people on Facebook and they're annoying, they bug me. But the more I see them, the more I kind of like them. I don't know why, but they kind of grow on me.
4) Don't send the same content to everyone. Segment your leads in your CRM so you can create relevant, high value videos for specific groups of people. For example, VA-eligible buyers with low credit scores should receive one type of video ("Did you know you can buy a house with bad credit and zero down payment?") while you'll want to send a different video to buyers who have good credit and plenty of savings.
5) Import your Facebook video ad leads directly into your CRM. If you use Realvolve + Firepoint, you can do this via Zapier. In your CRM, you'll be able to track these ad leads as they move through your sales funnel.
5 Video Marketing Strategies To Implement Immediately!
- For top-of-funnel (cold) leads, create short, intriguing videos to hook them. These people don't really know you, so you want to keep it brief, to-the-point, and extremely valuable. "Hey, did you know you can buy a home even if you have a low credit score and no money for a down payment? If you'd like to learn more, click the link below!"
- Send 10 individualized video text messages a day to your middle/bottom-of-funnel leads. These people are closer to becoming a client, so it's worth your time to create a quick one-off video for each of them. (And you can do it really quickly and easily in Realvolve + Firepoint!) In the video, don’t talk about yourself, just compliment them or tell them you were thinking of them: "Hi, just wanted to pop in and say the pictures from your trip to Canada were amazing! Next time we talk, I want to hear all about that restaurant with the poutine. Anyways, welcome back and have a great day!" If you do that to 10 people every single day, Krista says, you will pick up a ton of business from it.
- Be a reporter. Report on the wonderful businesses, places, and events in your community. Create a video about the cool new coffee shop you discovered, recommend the landscaper your client just used, or talk about the local holiday market you shopped this weekend. This is a great strategy you can use even if you're new to the market and have very few contacts.
- Provide a market update. If you go to a party and everyone knows you're a real estate agent, what's the first question they're going to ask you? That's right—"How's the market?" Everybody wants to know how the real estate market is doing, so go ahead and create bi-monthly market update videos and push them out via Facebook ads, text, and email.
Video marketing is an important investment in your business.
Krista hasn't worked an open house in eight years. Instead, she has invested her time and money in what really works.
If you can create one video and spend $200 and get 500 hours of watch time, and if you do that consistently, do you think it's going to make a significant difference in your business? Or do you think it's better for you to spend five hours a weekend doing one open house?
The answer is pretty obvious.
About Krista Mashore
Krista is a real estate broker, coach, and author of four books on digital marketing. She has been in the top 1% of realtors nationwide for 18 years, and she has sold over 2200 homes. To learn more about her coaching, visit kristamashore.com.