Mourning the end of the winter holidays? Trying to erase from your mind the glum image of your bare Frasier fir tossed out on the curb? The best way to beat the post-holiday blues is to focus on the next cheery holiday—Valentine's Day!With so many real estate agents focused on December gifts for clients and prospects, a great way to stand out is to wait a couple of months and focus your efforts on Valentine's Day. Here are 5 great Valentine's Day pop-bys that are sure to charm your clients.
But first, some tips for getting the most out of your pop-bys:
- Consider segmenting your audience: The more relevant and personal the gift, the more memorable and meaningful it will be. If you have a lot of families with elementary-aged children, for example, you might opt for kid-friendly treats rather than a Starbucks gift card. Or maybe you have a lot of football fans, in which case a Super Bowl-themed pop-by might be a better choice than a bag of candy hearts.
- Be COVID-conscious: Getting face-to-face is still tricky, so you'll most likely be doing a no-contact drop-off. Make sure the gift can be hung on their doorknob or placed in the mailbox. And if you do want to try to have a quick face-to-face chat, be sure you give them a head's up, wear a mask, give them some space when they answer the door, and stay outside. Keep the conversation short and upbeat!
- Follow up afterwards with an email or text message: "Just wanted to make sure you got the little gift hanging on your front door! Happy Valentine's Day!" or "It was so nice chatting with you. Hope to see you again soon! And if you know anyone looking to buy or sell a home, I'd love to connect with them!"
- Reflect your personality and your brand: If you're a goofy person with a light-hearted business brand, go all out with the punniest of puns. But if you're the more buttoned-up type with a luxury-focused brand, stick with the classics, like some nice chocolates and a simple "You are the heart of my business." A gift that matches your vibe will feel more genuine.
And now, without further ado, let's get to these Valentine's Day pop-by ideas.
1) Popcorn - "Just popping by to say Happy Valentine's Day!"
With so many sweets getting passed around on Valentine's Day, it's nice to have something salty to balance the sugar. Amanda Behm of Real Estate Digital Assist suggests popcorn! Your clients will love receiving a bag of Pop-Secret, a snack-sized BoomChickaPop, or a homemade popcorn mix. You can download the gift tags from Behm's Etsy store, REdigitalassist.
2) Conversation hearts - "When the conversation turns to real estate, call me to get to the heart of the matter."
There's nothing like a box of chalky candy hearts to bring you right back to elementary school. Deliver a little Valentine's nostalgia along with a cheeky reminder that you're always just a phone call away. Another idea from Amanda Behm, you can find these printable cards on Etsy, too.
3. Heart-shaped cookies - "You are the heart of my business."
Sweet and simple, this idea comes from Emile L'Eplattenier, managing editor for The Close. He suggests looking into Wicked Good Cookies if you want to buy custom cookies decorated with your branding. The gift tags pictured are printables that you can buy from Etsy (courtesy of AlexMakesHomes).
4. Gift card for coffee or tea
Is there any better surprise than a coffee shop gift card? I don't think so. Even the V-Day haters won't find anything to dislike about this Valentine card.
These cards from MarketDwellings on Etsy include slots for a gift card and your business card, come in 5 different colors, and can be ordered in quantities as small as 10 or as large as 5000. Since these aren't printables, make sure you order early to account for shipping time.
And if this one's not quite punny enough for you, you could always write a note on the back and include one of these fantastic lines:
- Thanks a whole "latte" for your referrals!
- It's such a "perk" having clients like you!
- I cannot "espresso" how much I appreciate your referrals!
5. Hand sanitizer - "Spread love, not germs. (Your referrals and Google reviews are so appreciated. Thanks for spreading the love!)"
A practical gift all dressed up in pretty packaging and a sweet sentiment, hand sanitizer makes for a great Valentine's Day pop-by! These labels can be found on Etsy from StickEmUpLabels, and you can include a nice note thanking your client for sharing referrals and positive reviews.
Start preparing your Valentine's Day pop-bys now!
February 14 will be here before you know it, and those hand sanitizers aren't going to adorably label themselves, so start your preparations today. Figure out which clients are going to receive pop-bys, make sure you have their correct addresses, and start putting together those little tokens of appreciation that will remind people just how lucky they are to have you as their real estate agent.